Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this. Can I use a Shimano rear derailleuer with an other wise full campy system (cassette, chain, and shifters)? A quick search of the RBR didn’t reveal any answers.

Thanks

·
9,790 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes you can.

I had a beloved Bianchi with Campy ergo shifters running a Shimano rear cassette, 8spd,
with a Campy DR. Never had a problem until I slammed the barrier fence at about 25mph and bent the frame. God I miss that bike. Short answer Yes you can!!!! take your time and tune it out for best results.

Ekh.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I just put a Campy Centaur compact crank on my bike with the rest of the drivetrain using Shimano Ultegra and Dura-Ace. On top of that, the crank is 10-speed and the rest of my components are 9-speed. It shifts flawlessly.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
I just put a Campy Centaur compact crank on my bike with the rest of the drivetrain using Shimano Ultegra and Dura-Ace. On top of that, the crank is 10-speed and the rest of my components are 9-speed. It shifts flawlessly.

cranks are fairly interchageable... as evidenced by the plethora of non-campy, non-shimano, non-sram cranks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts