Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for anything, but noticed that one thing that's been overshadowed in the component wars:

For 2009, Shamal and Eurus are becoming tubeless. Maybe that'll be enough momentum to get some other tire makers on board.

I'm still not completely convinced, but intrigued...

I'd love to see DIY tubeless hoops, but that's a ways off, if ever.

· Banned
7,756 Posts
danl1 said:
Not for anything, but noticed that one thing that's been overshadowed in the component wars:

For 2009, Shamal and Eurus are becoming tubeless. Maybe that'll be enough momentum to get some other tire makers on board.

I'm still not completely convinced, but intrigued...

I'm really pleased to hear this. This news will cause me to wait to replace my existing bike. I will be switching to Campy from Shimano. After over a year on tubeless, I'll never go back to tubes. Flats during rides are a thing of the past and I was experienceing several before switching over.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
danl1 said:
Why? UST Tubless cam to MTB a year after they came out. I have been on UST for MTB since almost day 1 and love it. I look foward to road tubeless very soon when other tires come around.

· Registered
32 Posts
no tubes

Check out Stan's No Tubes video for converting regular wheels to tubeless. I did my FSA RD-600 wheels as a test. The video was spot on as to the simplicity of the conversion. The only tire they recommend is the Hutchinson Tubeless. I have close to 200 miles on the conversion and all is good. The rediuced air pressure makes the ride great.

www.notubes.com

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odd... I'm an early adopter for a lot of things... But not bikes, and sure as hell not wheels and tires. I've heard enough trouble and complaints about MTB UST that, especailly with my general unease about the high-pressure application of tubeless, it's just too much a stretch at the moment.

Yeah, I know. The complaints I've heard were probably from idiots, and I'm just being silly. But what seems like an exceptionally slow adoption rate by the tire and rim makers just has me spooked.

I promise I'll sign up when they make tubeless versions of p3r or gp4k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.