Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on putting a flat bar onto my cyclocross bike for the rest of the snow months and I have a SRAM 9.0 shifter/derailer Id like to use in back, itll be a 1x9. Im currently using a campy 9 speed cassette and 9 speed derailer. is there any reason that the sram stuff wouldnt work with the campy cassette? I seem to recall that the distance between cogs should be the same on a 9 speed set up between S/campy.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
SRAM = Shimano

blackhat said:
I'm planning on putting a flat bar onto my cyclocross bike for the rest of the snow months and I have a SRAM 9.0 shifter/derailer Id like to use in back, itll be a 1x9. Im currently using a campy 9 speed cassette and 9 speed derailer. is there any reason that the sram stuff wouldnt work with the campy cassette? I seem to recall that the distance between cogs should be the same on a 9 speed set up between S/campy.
SRAM shifters and derailleurs will shift shimano spacing (4.32mm) not Campy (4.55mm). The shifters and derailleur may work, but certainly not perfectly. The trick is to adjust the cable tension to center the derailleur as close as possible to the middle cog. The derailleur will undershift by about 5% on each shift. Proper adjustment will reduce the error to 20% in each direction from the center, after four shifts, which is lot better than the possible 40% positioning error.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well then.

thanks for the info. not sure Ill be going that route then, I dont want to go through the effort to have a poorly shifting drivetrain. maybe time for a new wheel for the winter, something that plays nice with a sram cassette.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts