Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a real good deal on a set of new Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels with a Shimano Hub set.Unfortunately, my Italian Colnago is set up with Campy equipment. Obviously, I cannot put a Campy Cassette on the Shimano hub. Do I have any options. Can the hub on the rear wheel be changed to a Campy Hub? If yes, where can I get this part? I do not see it listed on the Mavic Web Site.
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Mark,

You just need to get the Campy freehub and swap that out with the Shimano on there now. It's pretty straightforward. It doesn't involve replacing the entire hub (and rebuilding the wheel).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Excel Sports Denver

mnmasotto said:
I can get a real good deal on a set of new Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels with a Shimano Hub set.Unfortunately, my Italian Colnago is set up with Campy equipment. Obviously, I cannot put a Campy Cassette on the Shimano hub. Do I have any options. Can the hub on the rear wheel be changed to a Campy Hub? If yes, where can I get this part? I do not see it listed on the Mavic Web Site.
Thanks Mark
May not be the cheapest, but they have the ED-10, which is the Campy freehub body for 2002 and newer Mavic Hubs

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Another option is the either the American Classic or the Wheels Manufacturing cassettes that are Shimano freehub compatible but 10 speed Campy spaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts