Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this really nice Eddy Merckx Corsa 01 frame and want to build it up. All my life I've ridden Shimano components. My wife and I have 4 bikes with Dura Ace on them, although it is the older 9-speed group. I also have a ton of wheel sets (all Shimano) one of which I'll use for the Merckx. I'm thinking of using either a Neuvation set or a Ksryium set. Can these be converted to accept a Campy 11-speed cassette? Is it just a change in the cassette body?

Does anyone think that the new Shimano groups are just butt ugly? Those cranks are awful looking and the shifters look like aero bars. Campy Chorus is really tempting me.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Ksyrium, no problem. Just replace the freehub for the campy style. the 11 spd specific uses a shim behind the cassette.

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
veloduffer said:
You can also use a conversion cassette from American Classic or Wheels Mfg. If you switch the hub cassette, go with that first.
just noticed that WM is now producing an 11spd conversion cassette, that's probably the cheaper option after adding up the cost of a new cassette shell and a campy cassette.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You can also use a conversion cassette from American Classic or Wheels Mfg. If you can switch the hub cassette, go with that first.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mavic Ks can have the freehub changed for campy otherwise it's a conversion cassette. i have a conversion cassette on eBay. That's the way to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts