Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this bike on craigslist today. I went up and took it for a ride, and it felt pretty good. I would like to know if anyone has any can help me identify it. The only markings on it are the Peugeot decals on the down tube. There is no marking as to what it is made of or what model it is. It was listed as touring bike, but I am not sure how the current owner came to that conclusion. It has stem shifters which leads me to assume that it was a lower model. I foregot to take my camera to get better pictures.

·
Darling of The Lounge
5,335 Posts
Other than it being a Peugeot, you are not really giving us much data to make an educated guess to what model it is. Yes, pictures would help us help you.

Here's a wild stab in the dark:

Does the bike have mounting points on the seat stays for a rack? That would be and indicator of a touring version.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I can't tell from the pic, but is it that "lugless" construction common to lower end Peugeots of the time. If it is that, and French threaded to boot, it's kind of on the marginal side for restoration/upgrading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.