Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone identify this Allez???

Can someone identify this Allez? I believe it is a 2001, but which model is it? Specialized.com's archive only goes back to 2002.

Can anyone tell me some brief specs? I know from another picture it has Ultegra brakes and Ultegra R/D, and the crankset is a double (it appears to be in this pic anyway). The shifters appear to be Ultegra, but I can't be sure as this is the clearest pic I can get of the shifters.

Any help is appreciated!

Background: eBay auction - the seller is a chain store, won't take additional pics, and won't respond to email requests for more info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a national chain store, so i am not worried about that. They have huge inventories of items and usually act like this about the stuff they are selling. This store in particular is just a drop off place where you can take an item, and they will put it on eBay for you.

Even if the guy did reply back to my questions, he most likely won't have a clue what he is looking at anyway to correctly answer them.

I have dealt with these places before, and from my experience, there is not a problem if you know about the item you are purchasing; however, getting additional information from them is next to impossible!

·
Registered
11 Posts
sabaka said:
It is a national chain store, so i am not worried about that. They have huge inventories of items and usually act like this about the stuff they are selling. This store in particular is just a drop off place where you can take an item, and they will put it on eBay for you.

Even if the guy did reply back to my questions, he most likely won't have a clue what he is looking at anyway to correctly answer them.

I have dealt with these places before, and from my experience, there is not a problem if you know about the item you are purchasing; however, getting additional information from them is next to impossible!

Call or email Specialized customer service (https://www.specialized.com/bc/contactus.jsp), send them the same picture and they can give you detailed specs and year info.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about trying that. I just thought that there might be someone on this board who had a quick answer for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sabaka said:
I thought about trying that. I just thought that there might be someone on this board who had a quick answer for me. Thanks.

You could call them right now (well, 7am - 6pm mountain time) and you could get the answer right away. They have old catalogs and might even send you a pdf file with the info if you ask nice. Even if you send them an email, they get back rather quickly. It is their slow season and they would be happy to help you out. You might wait a little for an answer through this site.

Cheers....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They emailed me back already with a PDF file from the original catalogue!!! Those guys are fast.

Thanks for the help, guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It ended up being a 1999 Allez A1 Comp...I got it for a steal at $319.99 on eBay!!!

What do you think?

Frame: Fillet-welded A1 premium aluminum, fully butted
Fork: Kinesis carbon, threadless
Headset: Ritchey Fuzzy Logic 1"
Stem: Ritchey Ahead Pro, 17 deg. rise
Handlebar: Ritchey Logic Pro, butted 7075
Brakes: Ultegra
Brake Levers: Ultegra
F/D: Ultegra
R/D: Ultegra
Shifters: Ultegra, Flight-Deck compatible
Cassette: Ultegra 9 speed, 12-23