Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit apprehensive to buy it because the owner doesn't seem to have much information on it. I know it's my size, seems to be a decent bike, it's close by to where I live and only $275ish. any opinions welcome.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Cooper1960
526 Posts
Uh, it's a Fuji.

It's a $275 dollar bike, if it fits, works well and suits what you want to use it for then buy it. I'm not sure what else your hoping to find out. I will say it looks as if the shifting cables have been changed or re routed, that doesn't look like a factory routing job to me, but I certainly could be wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, it's a Fuji.

It's a $275 dollar bike, if it fits, works well and suits what you want to use it for then buy it. I'm not sure what else your hoping to find out. I will say it looks as if the shifting cables have been changed or re routed, that doesn't look like a factory routing job to me, but I certainly could be wrong.

If it's a Fuji Roubaix 1.3, Fuji Roubaix 3.0, which year etc. Obviously it's a Fuji, I can read. Thanks for that bit. As for the shifting cables being changed possibly, that's alarming and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to identify something like that.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
Did you test ride it? How does it fit? Do you like the fit and the ride?

If so, it sounds like a no-brainer.

Did I mention fit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you test ride it? How does it fit? Do you like the fit and the ride?

If so, it sounds like a no-brainer.

Did I mention fit?
I'm going to ride it in the next few days and see about buying it. I'm pretty sure it's either a Fuji Roubaix 3.0 or a Fuji Roubaix 1.3, if it's a 1.3 then the value is really good, if it's a 3.0 it's dead on blue book value. The white handlebars and seat make it seem like a 1.3, but the wires coming out of the brakes/gears is a Roubaix 3.0 thing. I'm just not sure which it is.

The frame sounds right, it's a L/XL which is a Fuji 57cm. How big of a deal is it if the gears have been rewired and why would they be if there were? Now I'm a bit neurotic about that.

·
Cooper1960
526 Posts
If it's a Fuji Roubaix 1.3, Fuji Roubaix 3.0, which year etc. Obviously it's a Fuji, I can read. Thanks for that bit. As for the shifting cables being changed possibly, that's alarming and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to identify something like that.
I was just busting your chops on the Fuji name, I figured if you could type out a post you could probably read. lol

If someone changed the cables it's not big deal. There could be a lot of reason that would be done, like someone upgrading parts or simply have to change out worn parts.

One thing you need to look at is the the components on the bike, components usually come as a family, things like shifters, brakes, gears..etc will all be the same series. If you look over the bike and everything is different it could be a frankenstein bike, which means a bike cobbled together from miscellaneous parts. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad bike but certainly something to be weary off, a lot of components don't work well when mixed with other brands or even different manufacturing dates.

·
Registered
20,781 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts