Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked this bike up but I do not know too much about it. It was mainly the Hed wheels that called out to me but there is a lot more to this bike. Its obviously older, with Campy 7 speed shifters, derailleurs, and brakes, but it also has a Dura-Ace crank and headset. On the opposite side of the bike, there is Lennard Zinn's signature that is on the top tube toward the seat post. When I search for more information on it, I cannot find a single thing. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
What are the numbers on the inside of the crank arms ? one will be the model no FC 7400/7401/7402 and the other will be 170/172.5/175 or 177.5? . That will tell you if it was meant for a 6 ,7 or 8 spd setup and how long the cranks are. The super record rear derailleur was a mid 80s model at latest(originally 5 spd?) , but those DH bars are much later and it has a nice funky mtb stem on there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the crank arm its FC 7402 and the length is172.5. Hed wheel has 7 speed freewheel. That stem was confusing me there's an obvious hole for brake routing to a cantilever brake and there's a shim between the bars and stem.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is one funk-a-delically sweet ride

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
for some reason I don't think that's the original stem...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This bike is quite the trip. So now I know that its an 8 speed Dura-Ace crank from 1989 I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts