Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and built this frame/ fork back around 2011 or so. Full DA and Ultegra reasonably light at 17# with MTB pedals. Well long story short I hated riding the road in Louisiana. I maybe put 200 miles on the bike and its been in storage since. Its time to let it go but I cant figure out which line it is. Alloy S-Works frame from 2007 or 2008 IIRC and carbon specialized fork. The specialzed archive is useless as only 1 or two pics total were available.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Almost certain it's a 2005 S-Works E5, basically an E5 Allez. What made it an S-Works was build level, otherwise the frame is pretty much identical to E5 Allez frames that came out the following year when the Tarmac was introduced.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
I bought and built this frame/ fork back around 2011 or so. Full DA and Ultegra reasonably light at 17# with MTB pedals. Well long story short I hated riding the road in Louisiana. I maybe put 200 miles on the bike and its been in storage since. Its time to let it go but I cant figure out which line it is. Alloy S-Works frame from 2007 or 2008 IIRC and carbon specialized fork. The specialzed archive is useless as only 1 or two pics total were available.

Almost certain it's a 2005 S-Works E5, basically an E5 Allez. What made it an S-Works was build level, otherwise the frame is pretty much identical to E5 Allez frames that came out the following year when the Tarmac was introduced.

I'd say ^^^^ this is pretty close. I don't think it's a 2005 because those came in red or silver, but that's pretty close.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'd say ^^^^ this is pretty close. I don't think it's a 2005 because those came in red or silver, but that's pretty close.
2005 Specialized S-Works E5 - BikePedia

Bikepedia lists red, silver and black as possible colors. I'd venture to say that black was only available as a frame set or maybe from a different market that's not covered in the US archive. But comparing the stock photo for the 2004, 2005 and 2006, it's got to be a 2005.

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Thought so... I have 2006-2007 Allez Pro and Allez Expert frames that are very similar. I'd agree with people's assessment that it's a 2005.

Also in 2006 for the regular Allez they put in carbon seat stays. The "S-Works-ness" of it might help you fetch a good price, somebody might want it to race crits or something and not risk their carbon bike in a crash happy environment? If it rides anything like the bikes I'm familiar with (and I would guess it does, or better), it's an excellent bike despite its age. Somebody should get some good riding out of it.

But for the record, I got my 2006 Allez Pro with full DA 7800 for only about $850 when I bought it in 2011.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts