Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how to dress myself, so I went shopping with my mom and my sister. My sister is fasion forward, so she made me try on some skinny jeans for the first time.

I recently lost some weight, so it is now posible for me to fit into skinny-cut jeans, yet they were so tight around my quads and glutes, that I am wondering if I would ever fit into these properly. Just to be clear, these are the skinny fit, not the slim fit. I tired on Seven Jeans and Levis Capital E brands. The funny thing is that they were all tight on the seat but the waist band was loose. Do I have a getto boota'?

The other thing that is new to me is the medium and low rise. These jeans are cut to sit below the waist.

My mom and sister told me to buy them, but I just dont think they were inteded to fit the way they did.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i wear levi's 560

edit-- do you own a hipster bike too?

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I have to get the relaxed fit just to get into them.

Trim fit, I probably couldn't get into them.

Skinny? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skinny Levis are:

Skinny 511
Capital E Matchstick

Regular fit are:

Original Fit are:

Slim fits are:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomk96 said:
i wear levi's 560

edit-- do you own a hipster bike too?
Negative on the hipster bike. I think you are required to have skinny jeans and a bandana, before you get a hipster bike.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I buy those for my teenagers! Not for moi, no way no how. I'm just to damn old for that.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i think if you are old enough to drink, you can't wear them either

·
Registered
429 Posts
No, no no. In order to be a hipster, you must wear your *sister's* jeans, not your own "skinny fit" levis. C'mon now, I thought everyone knew this! :rolleyes:

And as a matter of course, don't let your sister pick out your clothes. It won't end well, no matter how fashion-conscious she is.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Cyclo-phile said:
I don't think they make skinny jeans in 38x32.
i'm torn between "BAM" and "FAIL"

·
Broken Legs Suck
621 Posts
Skinny jeans? Negative. Low rise? Double negative. I need room for my boys.

Levi's 569 or Lucky brand loose fit (my new favorite).

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I can't wear anything smaller than relaxed fit without the jeans being too tight.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I just discovered 501's and I really like them, though I have to buy a waist size higher to fit my legs in to them.

And when I say that I "discovered" them, I mean that my lady friend politely suggested that I needed new clothes and then showed me the pants I should get. regardless though, I like them.

I have a hard time riding a bike in them, and couldn't do it for more than just a quick trip up the street or something.

joe

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
I do not wear loose or baggy fit. I only started wearing jeans, again, about 4 years ago.
I went through some weird 7-8 year, khaki only phase.

But I like Guess and Diesel jeans. I can no longer pay a hundred dollars for a pair of jeans. Because now I have to buy cycling gear.

But I am a fan of the Levi's 527 low rise. I picked up 3 pair for $110 this past weekend.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Killroy is asking questions about hipster jeans and has 420 poasts. Coincidence?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DLMKA said:
Killroy is asking questions about hipster jeans and has 420 poasts. Coincidence?
I only experimented in college.

I'm 27 so I don't consider myself too old to try different styles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife is very fashion forward and her opinion is no man should ever wear skinny jeans. Now granted she may be saying that for my benefit considering I have to buy relaxed fit just to fit my legs and ample behind into the pants. I have to have the waist taken in on all my pants.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts