Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
Sorry, no. It's a complicated mechanism and there isn't any way you could modify it to do that.

Is it 8-speed? MicroShift makes the only new levers that I know of that don't have a button.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,985 Posts
meh. Get used to it... All Campy works that way! :)

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,660 Posts
I'm using Sora right now, which uses a thumbshifter to... upshift. That means I can't upshift while in the drops.

Could I switch the shifting just by switching where the cable goes?
could you explain your thought process here?

"switch where the cable goes?" how on earth would you manage that?

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
ROFL That's all I have to say.

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
I'm using Sora right now, which uses a thumbshifter to... upshift. That means I can't upshift while in the drops.

Could I switch the shifting just by switching where the cable goes?
This is a recurring theme for me: bicycles are not that complicated - if you'll just take a few minutes to observe what happens when you shift (or brake, pedal, steer, etc.) you can usually figure things out. It's like the people who repeatedly ask if they can put a 34 chain ring on their 53/39 cranks when simply looking at the small chain ring would make it obvious that it can't possibly happen.

And as everyone else has said with varying degrees of sarcasm - no, you can't just "switch where the cable goes." A simple visual inspection would show you there's only one place for the cable to go and it can only go in from one direction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.