Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on low heat ironing or steaming to remove wrinkles? I have an Assos jersey that has a few wrinkles that seem to be "in the fabric" and thought I could remove them with some gentle ironing. If anyones tried it.....let me know.

Thanks

· iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Bloatedpig said:
Any feedback on low heat ironing or steaming to remove wrinkles? I have an Assos jersey that has a few wrinkles that seem to be "in the fabric" and thought I could remove them with some gentle ironing. If anyones tried it.....let me know.

Thanks
You cannot be serious.

· Registered
777 Posts
I wouldn't because whatever jersey you're wearing, it probably contains plastic. Also, the threads in jerseys are very fine so you may end up damaging your ridiculously expensive Assos.

If you like to get rid of some superficial wrinkles, then I recommend spritzing it with water and give a quick, warm tumble in the dryer for, maybe, 3-5 minutes.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Sure! You can iron it...especially if you hate it & / or are mad at it. Oh yeah! I forgot. Maybe if you wanted a new & different design on it.

· Registered
414 Posts
You'll love this then...

BikinCO said:
You cannot be serious.
Used to have this freind that would iron her shorts before going on hikes. I'm talking crisp edges, better than any edge I ever had in the military (no, she was not the military type, just OCD). She'd go on these 10 mile hikes through rough terrain and would come out still sharply pressed...

· Registered
453 Posts
If you're talking about softener than no, it'll diminish the wicking properties of the fabric by a large amount. If it's not soft enough than get a new jersey, you do get what you pay for.

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
[Fernando] Remember it is better to look good then to feel good! [/Fernado]

- yes you're old if you remember this.

FWIW- Assos has their own specific washing goop for cleaning their clothes. Probably costs a fortune though. . .

· Registered
2,771 Posts
wzq622 said:
I wouldn't because whatever jersey you're wearing, it probably contains plastic. Also, the threads in jerseys are very fine so you may end up damaging your ridiculously expensive Assos.

If you like to get rid of some superficial wrinkles, then I recommend spritzing it with water and give a quick, warm tumble in the dryer for, maybe, 3-5 minutes.
go with this method, but don't forget to starch it!

· Banned
2,767 Posts
Coolhand said:
[Fernando] Remember it is better to look good then to feel good! [/Fernado]

- yes you're old if you remember this.

FWIW- Assos has their own specific washing goop for cleaning their clothes. Probably costs a fortune though. . .
Yoo look maaaahvelous!!!!!! And that doesn't make me old.

FWIW#2: use a pure soap detergent. Biz is great. Dreft is pretty good (not a lot of extra crap in it since it's for washin' baby clothes). Woolite is NOT as good for delicates as Woolite would have you think: it leaves crap in the fabric. Also, you can use any product that is designed for washing down. Those products are gentle....generally pure soap......so that they don't wash the oils out of the down.

I'm not sure how you sized your Assos jersey, by mine fit close enough that there can't be wrinkles.......amazing, actually, because my Assos jerseys are the most comfortable jerseys I own.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.