Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent a bundle for my dream bike to celebrate my 65th BD. Bianchi Infinito CV Di2 Disk sent from Europe. Everything was good except the too long 12 cm stem. So I bought a 10cm stem, but it is a high gloss finish that looks crappy with the flat/matte finish on all other parts of the bike. Can I do something about the finish or do I have to live with it/get a different stem?

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
You might just get away with the wool tlg recommended or a very fine "scuff pad" like used in automotive paint prep and not even have to use the matte spray. Sounds like you just need to knock off the gloss a bit on the stem. But I think one thing that will be clear pretty soon is that just like there are my colors of black there are many variations of satin/matte. So you may make it better but matching it is another challenge. You may end up knocking off too much gloss and then have to polish it back up to the satin/matte level that looks best.

And finally Happy Birthday ! Nice Bike :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Scortchbrite pads are available in different grits besides the green ones you can find at the grocery store. I like the maroons ones personally. If you want a very fine matte, pumice powders are the ticket, available at wood worker supply places as well as in toothpaste and scouring powders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.