Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I know... this is the type of question that is probably beaten to death but I need some help just to make me feel a little better.

So, in the process of trying to find my girlfriend a new bike a friend sent me out a frame he had lying around. I measured it up/looked it up and I am pretty convinced it's too long for her, but... it may work for me.

The bike: 55cm Bianchi Virata
ETT- 55cm
ST- 52cm
SA- 74d
HA- 73d

I'm 5'8.75 with about about a 31+" bike inseam, 130lbs. I have gorrillaesque arms. I seem only to rock hand-me-down bikes that are small for me, so... this one seems big. That said, I feel like this should be in the right ball park, just don't want to waste time building it up if I can't monkey it into some semblance of a decent fit. The price is great though (beer) so having a hard time.

Sorry in advance for those that get offended by such trivialities.

Oh yeah, I know I should get 'a fit'. And, yes, I should probably buy my own frames as well. Unfortunately not sure either are in the cards right now

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
I don't know if this will work but you could post a pic of yourself on your current ride and give us the specs - hopefully, it's a roadbike.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
You'd probably need to get quite a bit shorter of a stem than the standard. Maybe 65 to 80mm.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
You're 5'8''+ and the effective tt is 55cm. Long arms? That should work with a 90/100mm stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts