Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't like a jpg extension. Does RBR really expect anyone to pay $20/year for this near dead site? Keep chasing people away doesn't strike me as a good business model.

I think on-line forums in general are dying out. I wonder why.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the assistance. OK, so I select the 'insert image' on the bar below, I choose an image, and get 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension' Help me understand how its easier than ever.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for the assistance. OK, so I select the 'insert image' on the bar below, I choose an image, and get 'The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension' Help me understand how its easier than ever.
If you are uploading, look at the dialog box. It lists a set of allowable filename extensions (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc...). The image file you are uploading has to be one of those file types.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are uploading, look at the dialog box. It lists a set of allowable filename extensions (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc...). The image file you are uploading has to be one of those file types.
Thanks. What I was trying to upload has a JFIF extension and I can't seem to replace/resave it with a JPEG extension. Oh well. Pics of my wife's new Tommasini X-Fire frame.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooooohhh! Stainless Steel?

Please post them!
Yep, and custom geometry and custom paint for no extra charge. We drove up to Lancaster PA to Red Rose Imports where the guy measured her, and looked at her current bike (Lynskey 350) that she rides most. My wife is someone who takes 20 minutes to figure out what to order at a restaurant, so the endless paint job possibilities were a challenge. I ended up nudging her to a violet/pinkish fade with retinado (spider web accent -- remember those Colnagos in the 1970's?). It only took 3 months for Tommasini to manufacture it. We're waiting for Dura Ace 12-speed to come out, so it sits at the Lancaster shop at this time. The owner sent us a couple pics I was going to post. Not great ones -- the retinado isn't obvious.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,745 Posts
That’s a sweet bike. Here’s my wife’s Tecno Extra. Got it for her as a sweet CL deal for Valentines a few years ago.

A41FC816-9EC2-4A7A-B9F8-E23164B8C42C.jpeg

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I built my wife up an Eddy Merckx with polished Athena 11-speed, steel fork, threaded headset and aluminum bars a few years ago. She bitched about it being too heavy, the aluminum bars made her hands sore ... Never rode it. She likes the look of classic steel bikes, but also wants something lighter weight and modern. She does weigh 120 lbs, so I suppose she'd feel heavy more than I would. It wasn't their highest end frame (Columbus Brain), but it had a nice original paint job. I took those components off and did a second Corsa 01 for myself. No idea what to do with the frame. I guess maybe put it on ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts