Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If not, what are some of the lightest, toughest 700c tires? I'm a newbie...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
No, that's a clincher wheelset. If you are a newbie, don't worry about light tires. You want a tire that will hold up well, be comfortable and preform. You'll get as many answers to that here as what bike should I buy. I ride Vredestein Fortezza TriComps. Love'em, but that's just one of many choices.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
I ride Michelin Pro Race 2's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can use an open tubular. It's made like a tubular tire (2 pieces glued together) but uses a inner tube and holds on to a clincher rim.
Vittoria makes some nice ones. They are light, expensive, have a supple ride, but don't expect them to be tough or last very long.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Heavier wheelset and lighter tire. 2 cents worth here but ride whatever you have on the wheelset at this time until they need to be replaced. When they need to be replaced find a good tough tire to replace them with, tire weight will not make that much difference. I am currently running on Conti Ultra Gators and the seem to be holding up pretty well. IF you have money to burn then get a lighter wheelset but still go with a good tough tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts