Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 705 that I swap between my road and cross bikes, each with a cadence sensor. After synching the sensors before the very first use, no additional setup was needed. I do change the bike profile according to which bike I'm using but that's it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope, no problems. The two sensors I have paired the 705 with are the only two that it will pick up. I just select the bike I'm using and as soon as the wheel magnet or the cadence magnet passes by the sensor, it beeps, tells me a cadence sensor was selected and I'm good to go. I regularly ride among others with Garmin cadence sensors with no problems. The only issue I've had is if I forget to select the right bike. Then the miles for the ride are added to the wrong odometer. I have the head unit set for 3 bike profiles, which I believe is the limit. I have a profile for the road bike with a cadence sensor, the cross bike with a cadence sensor, and a profile for MTB. I don't use a cadence sensor for the MTBs, which could be any one of 5 different bikes. I don't have a cumulative mileage total for the MTBs but I sort that out by exporting to Sporttracks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.