Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be adjusted? I know in fact that they can move forward and backward, but now I'm wondering if they can move UP and DOWN?

Reason for this question is that I am planning to buy a Road Bicycle. And I'm kindof paranoid if the seat will be too high, so I would need to adjust it to be a bit lower.
I am 5' 6", 15 Years old =D. Also aiming for a 54cm bicycle.

·
Administrator
13,146 Posts
Your seat can be adjust up or down via the seatpost which can be raised or lowered by the seatclamp.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
BoootyHoIe said:
Be adjusted? I know in fact that they can move forward and backward, but now I'm wondering if they can move UP and DOWN?

Reason for this question is that I am planning to buy a Road Bicycle. And I'm kindof paranoid if the seat will be too high, so I would need to adjust it to be a bit lower.
I am 5' 6", 15 Years old =D. Also aiming for a 54cm bicycle.
Have you noticed the adjuster bolts on the seat tube? Are you just a troll, or is this really the stupidest post of the month? Considering your [email protected]$$ name, I'm guessing it's the former.......

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Have you been growing lately or all done? I am imagining you would fit fine on a 50-52 now (I'm 5'6")... but if you think you will be growing a lot more 54 or beyond. You're kind of at a tricky time to be buying a bike. If you don't grow anymore...like I never did... then you're on a large frame. If you buy now and grow 6" this summer ... you'll be cramped. Hmmm! Something to think about.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dave_Stohler said:
Have you noticed the adjuster bolts on the seat tube? Are you just a troll, or is this really the stupidest post of the month? Considering your [email protected]$$ name, I'm guessing it's the former.......
way ta be... plus, aren't there actually bikes with seats that cant be adjusted? The ones where you have to cut the seat tube or whatever?? I think those are on the fairly pricey end of the spectrum... but still...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.