Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Cannondale will release new product roadmap on July 13 stay tuned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
CAAD 9 an entry level frameset? the mind boggles. Are the tubes rugged enough to deal with the abuse of first timer? I thought that's why CAAD 5 was retained so long, as it had slightly thicker tube walls and 'heavier built'.

Am I wrong? I guess Cannondale know their eggs. Makes me feel less extravagant about the CAAD9 training bike I've just built though...

·
Registered
136 Posts
ninjaslim said:
CAAD 9 an entry level frameset? the mind boggles. Are the tubes rugged enough to deal with the abuse of first timer? I thought that's why CAAD 5 was retained so long, as it had slightly thicker tube walls and 'heavier built'.

Am I wrong? I guess Cannondale know their eggs. Makes me feel less extravagant about the CAAD9 training bike I've just built though...
I wouldn't go so far as to call the CAAD9 an entry level frameset, but it takes the place of one. I find it an interesting approach; Cannondale uses older, proven designs to take the place of a budget bike, unlike Mike Sinyard's approach to building a top-of-the-line bike and then building lesser versions of it.

I love my CAAD9 to death, and wouldn't trade it for any other bike...but it is still their entry level.

·
Registered
650 Posts
mylesofsmyles said:
I wouldn't go so far as to call the CAAD9 an entry level frameset, but it takes the place of one. I find it an interesting approach; Cannondale uses older, proven designs to take the place of a budget bike, unlike Mike Sinyard's approach to building a top-of-the-line bike and then building lesser versions of it.

I love my CAAD9 to death, and wouldn't trade it for any other bike...but it is still their entry level.
I think to call the CAAD9 an entry level frame would be unfair. Built up with inexpensive components it could certainly take the place of an entry level bike, but if built up with DA it would be a solid crit racer. I would agree that their approach: a solid, well built frame available in multiple builds is great for the consumer because it allows you to buy a less expensive bike and upgrade what you need to without having to spend more than you would like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.