Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. I'm sure many on this forum have owned both the Trek 5200 frame and the Madone aero frame. Can we devote a thread to the differences in ride quality between the two frames? The reason is, I now own a beautiful 2000 Trek 5200 and I wonder if it's worth it to add a Madone to my bike collection. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Madone has a one-piece top tube/head tube, which increases the torsional rigidity of the front triangle. It also has an "A-frame" seatstay junction up by the seat tube, which is a bit stiffer than the monostay on the 5000-series frames.

Overall, the Madone feels a bit quicker but gives up a bit of comfort over the 5000-series frames. The comfort difference is very small, in my opinion.

·
Registered
401 Posts
the sky above said:
Is there any detectable difference at all in ride quality between the Madone series and the SL series?
Not by humans. :)

The round-tube SLs are SLIGHTLY stiffer laterally and torsionally, but again, the difference is so slight, it's non-detectable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.