Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
get a friend to do it for you. :p

oh. I think I know the owner of that ducati with the specialized mounted on it in the MTBR thread. :p
I'd have posted an image from that stage too had you not done it. :thumbsup:

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
There's been several guys on ADVRider.com that have made racks for their GS-s.

I'm thinkin hard about it. My F250 gets seriously crappy mileage! The only issue is WhereTF am I gonna put my MC gear (jacket, boots, helmet, etc) when I'm out riding the bicycle.

M

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MShaw said:
There's been several guys on ADVRider.com that have made racks for their GS-s.

I'm thinkin hard about it. My F250 gets seriously crappy mileage! The only issue is WhereTF am I gonna put my MC gear (jacket, boots, helmet, etc) when I'm out riding the bicycle.

M
I was thinking the same thing, probably just run a cable thru the helmet and jacket, not sure on the boots.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Yup. A thin cable lock. The boots must have something you can run the lock through, Or, bring a gym bag or backpack, stuff averything in it, lock the zipper closed, then cable lock the bag to the m/c.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I built one this winter and have several hundred miles on this rig. Works very well, quite secure, and doesn't affect balance or cornering. It's essentially a Yakima with the bars cut down and bolted to a subframe I rigged up in lieu of the pillion seat. The only caveats are that you must work on balancing the load carefully (don't just cantilever it out the back) and the side wind buffeting can be annoying.

For securing gear, I use the hardcases on the bike and put my jacket and boots in a PacSafe 140.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well,, jacket and boots go in the saddle bags.
You could just leave the motorcycle helmet at home when hul'n the bike. just be extra carful.

G

·
I saw a guy in Banff last year.

BMW touring bike and a Moots road bike on a rack on the back of the motorbike.

The bike rack was mounted sideways to the motorcycle, front wheel off - really didn't seem that cumbersome.

The guy was obviously travelling by tent and what not - always wished I had had a camera with me when I saw that but it was just a "perfect" set-up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My thought exactly. I must admit that seeing these home built contraptions made realize that some of these "bikers" are still cyclists at heart. A true-blooded motorbiker probably wouldn't turn his rig into such ridiculous looking bike trailer. :p

DM.Aelis said:
I first read this thread and thought

"Are you kidding me who would do this?"

and wow.

a lot of people do.

i'm impressed. haha

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.