Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been emailing a fella about possibly buying his used Redline Conquest. He bought it used and it has a Sora grouppo. He sent me a link pictures of it. Can you help me determine what year it is (he thinks it is around a 2005) and if it is worth his asking price? I am not sure if it is the Sport model or not. It would come with platform pedals, but he can throw some Shimano PD-M540 mtb pedals for $30. The link to the pictures of his bike are at: http://ankylosaur.com//images/redlineconquest/

Your help is appreciated, as I have a small window to purchase it so my in-laws can bring it up when they drive up to visit me next week.

FYI: I already have an old mountain bike and a dedicated tri bike, so this would be my first cyclocross bike.

·
Registered
391 Posts
you didnt mention what the asking price is but i would value $350-375. Offer $400 cash with the extra pedlas.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could get it for $300, including the pedals. I'm thinking that it may be older, but for my purposes, should be just fine. Is there any reason not to get it? Any idea on what year it is?

But the other thing that I was contemplating was getting a new 2009 Conquest Sport (close out) for $430 (not including shipping). Is it worth the extra $150-ish (shipped) for something new?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I ended up purchasing the used (unknown year) Conquest. For $300, I'm getting the bike, pedals, cleats, and some nearly new Specialized mtb shoes. Hopefully it works out. I should be getting the stuff Wednesday evening.

-Nick

·
Registered
138 Posts
Redlines are great bikes. I picked up a 2006 Redline Conquest Pro for $550 with Ultegra and no pedals about a year ago.

·
Registered
472 Posts
brownnugen said:
So, did I pay too much for this?
IMO no. You bought a solid and proven frame/bike for short money. Ride the crap out of it! My first 'real' crosser' was a Conquest. It was a good bike.

Jeff

·
Administrator
12,954 Posts
ZoomBoy said:
IMO no. You bought a solid and proven frame/bike for short money. Ride the crap out of it! My first 'real' crosser' was a Conquest. It was a good bike.

Jeff
I agree.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
you did fine, now ride that thing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts