Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to try a new powder to mix for during rides that last about 2 hours or more to help replenish carbs, sodium, and potassium. I snack on gels and/or bars during rides too but I'm looking for a great powder to have in additon to my water.

I've looked at the different GU Brew flavors and a friend of mine recommends Endurox.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Gatorade powder works. However, as tednugent suggests, I typically dilute 100 cal of fruit juice into 24 oz of water and add a level 1/8 tsp of "Lite Salt" for Na and K.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm looking to try a new powder to mix for during rides that last about 2 hours or more to help replenish carbs, sodium, and potassium. I snack on gels and/or bars during rides too but I'm looking for a great powder to have in additon to my water.

I've looked at the different GU Brew flavors and a friend of mine recommends Endurox.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Point of clarification....

you can't 'replenish' carbs during exercise....

Only slow down the total body depletion of available carbs. You can reduce HGO with high levels, but (for all intents and purposes) you can't slow glycogen use acutely with carb ingestion DURING an exercise bout. And you sure won't 'store more' or replenish the stores during the bout....

re·plen·ish

Fill (something) up again.

Restore (a stock or supply of something) to the former level or condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.