Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a club ride tonight, and upon pulling up, what do I see? A brand new Lamborghini parked there. Turns out it's one of the guys in our cycling group.

Now for the great part: He brought is bike in the Lambo. He said he had to take both wheels and the handlebars off just to get them in the front passenger seat.

Anyway, I'm still a bit envious. It was a fantastically beautiful car up close. I had never seen one before (never been to a car show).

This is the only picture I took. I didn't want to be too creepy about it. And yea, it was raining. It did not stop our ride though.

· I Type, Therefore I Am
1,842 Posts
That is so weird! I saw a Green Lamborghini today too! I have never seen a green one, but decided if I ever owned one it would be green (as a tip-o-the-hat to Roger Waters). Mine would be a dark green though. I don't much care for the pastel green. Until the "rain" part of your post I was gonna ask if your ride started in Woodridge, IL. That's the direction the car was going when I saw it tonight.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,358 Posts
Jeeeeebus....

He had to have been careful about upholstery staining.... :eek:

· Registered
12,593 Posts
That is a nice way to kill a beautiful car. Kind of like putting racks on a Colnago to go and get the groceries. Lambos aren't meant to haul a bike around. Hell, I learned that Mustangs aren't meant to haul a bike around either when I ended up with chainring scratches in the plastic liner of the hatch. The bike hasn't seen the back of the Mustang since, and that was about 18 years ago. Now, I usually throw it on top of the Taurus, or in the back seat when it is raining. I have chain grease in some spots, and a couple of nicks on the plastic in a couple of spots, but the Taurus is a car meant to haul stuff and go through a bunch of crap.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
I guess it all depends on how you look at a Lambo. If it is a piece of art, which I think it is, then what he is doing is kind of like drawing on a framed piece of art in the Smithsonian's Portrait Gallery. At first, I was going to say it was like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa, but that is more like crashing a vintage Ferrari where there are only a few of them left in existence.

Now, if you view a Lambo as merely a machine to get you from point A to point B, kind of like I view my Taurus, then good on him. It is being used for exactly that, and he should put a bike rack and a hitch on it. I have contemplated putting a hitch on my Taurus and buying a small box trailer to tow behind it for when I need the extra room.

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Wow. I wish I was loaded.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
No you don't. Then you might do something like hauling your bike around in a Lambo, or better yet, a Ferrari. Then again, if you were loaded, you could afford a beater car to haul the bike around in and leave the Lambo for sunny day drives.

If I were loaded, I'd drive my truck around almost everywhere and not worry about the price of diesel.

4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mikeyp123 said:
seriously.. he put a greasy-assed bike chain in the front seat of a Lambo.

I think he's f'in with you guys. Did you actually see him take the bike out of the car, open the doors etc? I call BS.
When I pulled up, he was removing the wheels from the car.

I know more about the guy, but out of privacy I should keep quiet. Up until last night, I didn't realize who he was. That's also not his only super car.

· Registered
896 Posts
why do people assume that anyone with a flashy car has a small di** ? should I feel the same way about fred's on $8k racing bikes.
I drive an audi with a V10 lambo engine. I also own a Hummer. there is nothing wrong with my: self confidence, ego, penis size, and I am married to a beautiful woman and have 2 awesome little kids.
Maybe the guy likes cars? simple as that

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Yeah Andrea, quit piling on.

Why the jealousy just because this dude has hit the lottery or worked hard and made some money?

Einstruzende - you should've gone and talked cars with him, I bet he loves to talk about his car and show it off. Most guys I know who have money and lots of toys are only too happy to share and are great about it.

4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Creakyknees said:

Why the jealousy just because this dude has hit the lottery or worked hard and made some money?

Einstruzende - you should've gone and talked cars with him, I bet he loves to talk about his car and show it off. Most guys I know who have money and lots of toys are only too happy to share and are great about it.
I did talk to him a bit, but what could I talk about? The performance of my Cavalier? :D

I have an appreciation of super cars, however I don't really know anything about them. That's the first Lambo I had ever seen in real life.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Creakyknees said:

If I could afford a fancy car like that I'd have one.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.