Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
attach powerpoints as an attachment to threads on here?

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
physasst said:
HUH, what the hell is zip it up?
Are all you medical types computarded? ;)

Zip... as in WinZip (PKZip).

Here's a Wiki link for a good explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_(file_format)

You can get WinZip at www.winzip.com -- there's an eval version.

OR... just change the file extension to .zip or .txt and try to upload it. Just be sure to note it in your post that you've changed the extension and that it needs to be changed back to .ppt.

(you have to be able to see the extensions to change them: Open My Computer, Tools menu, Folder Options, View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", click ok.)

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
KenB said:
Are all you medical types computarded? ;)

Zip... as in WinZip (PKZip).

Here's a Wiki link for a good explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_(file_format)

You can get WinZip at www.winzip.com -- there's an eval version.

OR... just change the file extension to .zip or .txt and try to upload it. Just be sure to note it in your post that you've changed the extension and that it needs to be changed back to .ppt.

(you have to be able to see the extensions to change them: Open My Computer, Tools menu, Folder Options, View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", click ok.)
Gosh Ken, you really a computer geek, albeit one with his own bathroom and a daughter with a really, really cool telescope :).

·
This space for sale
783 Posts
I attached this powerpoint

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
You can export your Powerpoint as a .PDF if you have a version of Adobe Acrobat distiller, and attach that as long as it's under the file size limit. Modern versions of Acrobat will even support Powerpoint transitions and animations. Check out the "Attach Files" list of valid file extensions in the reply box. PDF is listed.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Do you mean attach a

physasst said:
attach powerpoints as an attachment to threads on here?
multi-slide presentation with transitions and cool graphics so that I can page through the presentation with my enter key?

Then no.

If you mean to attach one picture in a one slide presentation. Looks like someone did it below. Personally, I'd take a print screen of it then save it as a .jpg file in paint, then attach it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts