Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
On a related note...(spoiler)

Congrats also to the US men's curling team-bronze. 1st ever medal for US curling. I saw team Canada play. One guy (Mark what's his name) was curling 100%! Pretty /ing impressive.

·
off the back
15,270 Posts
new Olympic record-six points in one end. could have been seven, but the last shot was a little heavy and went right through the circles.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Canada's third, he was very very good today. The Finnish skip has been very sharp also, he just didn't get the breaks.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also worth mentioning that the Canadian women grabbed bronze despite a few tough breaks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
thanks for acknowledging our little town called canada!! the curling triumphs didn't kill the pain created by the mens team f$%^ing up so bad, but it's still nice to bring home the medals. make sure you all watch the closing ceremonies, they're passing the flag off to vancouver, home of the 2010 games. if any of you are lookin for something to do in 2010, come to vancouver. i live right next door in alberta and i'll be at the games drinking, half-passed out, hitting on the swedish womens luge team. :cool:

G

·
The boys from the Rock played well.

However, the real story of the Olympics so far is Cindy Klassen. 1 Gold, 2 silver, 1 Bronze - and she isn't finished her events yet.

G

·
Well Cindy Klassen just got a Bronze in the 5000m. Five medals for her this Olympics. Clara Hughes beat her out for the Gold.

Hughes, like Klassen has medals from Salt Lake, but Hughes also has two Bronze medals off the Velodrome in Atlanta.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts