Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
TdF is not allowing teams to replace any riders removed, or at least thats what I ve read in a few places sorry no linkage.

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maddog said:
suspended riders can't be replaced
That makes sense, although I know there have been last minute substitutions. Didn't Vandevelde get a spider bite on his ass a few years ago the day before the start, when he was with USPS? I guess your roster becomes final at a certain point and probably cannot be changed except for special circumstances.

·
Registered
839 Posts
mohair_chair said:
That makes sense, although I know there have been last minute substitutions. Didn't Vandevelde get a spider bite on his ass a few years ago the day before the start, when he was with USPS? I guess your roster becomes final at a certain point and probably cannot be changed except for special circumstances.
SUSPENDED riders can't be replaced - that's the rule, but riders who have to drop out for other reasons CAN be replaced, provided they take the pre-race medical examination.

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
It was the team directors

deastin said:
TdF is not allowing teams to replace any riders removed, or at least thats what I ve read in a few places sorry no linkage.
who said they would not replace the riders. And I am sure the TDF directors who thought it would be nightmare to try to handle the paperwork and medical controls on such a short notice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.