Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone speak Italian? I've been sent a press release about the Italian gravel road race "Monte Paschi Strade Bianche, Eroica Toscana" and my rough translation says that Cancellara is in doubt due to a shoulder injury.

Didn't he leave the Tour of California with the flu, not a crash?

Here's the link if anyone can help me out..
http://www.gazzetta.it/grandeciclismo/montepaschistradebianche/mpsb_n02.shtml

·
Old Skool
719 Posts
Use a free web-based translator

Translated one paragraph at a time by :
http://translator.imtranslator.net/

While it is not perfect, it is readable.

Parade of stars on the dirt of Tuscany

Uncertain the last winner, Fabian Cancellara (will decide on Thursday was a pain in my shoulder), the flagship of the race will be the world champion Alessandro Ballan. In opposition Bennati, Pozzato, F. Schleck, O 'Grady. Many wait for the sprinter Cavendish, for Ignatiev, Ciolek, Gerdemann, Khalilov, Ginanni and Visconti

Only big names for a race which is the third appointment, the final consecration: the Roads Blank Montepaschi Tuscany, scheduled Saturday March 7 from Gaiole in Chianti to Siena, in addition to the suggestions of the track - eight on the well-paced "earthworks of Tuscany "and" Crete Senesi "for 60 of the planned 190 kilometers, arriving in the Piazza del Campo in Siena, an extraordinary scene - gives a list of players difficult to reproduce, in respect of the quality of the participants.

Strongly desired by the Region of Tuscany and Monte dei Paschi Siena, which are flanked at Rcs Sport / La Gazzetta dello Sport, responsible for organizing the test, the roads of Tuscany Blank record 15 teams, as announced, that line starts 8 runners each. The list of the most anticipated (attached details) shall be opened by the winner of last year, Switzerland's Fabian Cancellara, even if his physical condition is precarious (bad shoulder). Cancellara will decide on Thursday after a test ride on the roads.

Superpronosticato Saturday for the world champion Alessandro Ballan, second last year behind Cancellara. If the Swiss did not do it there are three other members of Saxo Bank - the expert Frank Schleck, Marcus Ljungquist and Stuart O 'Grady - can point to success.

The team Katusha aligns Filippo Pozzato, Pavel Brutto and Mikhail Ignatiev. The strong team Milram riders to show that experts and adapted to the terrain as Gerald Ciolek, Linus Gerdemann, Fabian Wegmann and Servais Knaven.

A sprinter important, perhaps the fastest of the wheel group, the British Mark Candish seek to keep the wheels of the best in order to be right on the way, where nobody seems valerlo. With Cavendish and Team Columbia High Road is deployed Bart Grabsch, George Hincapie, Thomas Lővquist and Michael Rogers. In terms of wheels fast Daniele Bennati, backed by Jacopo Guarneri, proposes his candidacy, while Francesco Ginanni tries glory after a successful Laigueglia and nell'Insubria. Noteworthy also dell'ucriano chance Mikhaylo Khalilov, leader of Ceramica Flaminia-Bossini.

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
RoadCyclingNZ said:
Anyone speak Italian? I've been sent a press release about the Italian gravel road race "Monte Paschi Strade Bianche, Eroica Toscana" and my rough translation says that Cancellara is in doubt due to a shoulder injury.

Didn't he leave the Tour of California with the flu, not a crash?

Here's the link if anyone can help me out..
http://www.gazzetta.it/grandeciclismo/montepaschistradebianche/mpsb_n02.shtml
Yes, he has some pain in his shoulder and will decide on Thursday if he will race the Eroica on Saturday. It does not say what the extent of the issue is.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
bigpinkt said:
Yes, he has some pain in his shoulder and will decide on Thursday if he will race the Eroica on Saturday. It does not say what the extent of the issue is.
Don't you live in that area, bigpint? That must be a spectacular finish in Siena!

JSR

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
JSR said:
Don't you live in that area, bigpint? That must be a spectacular finish in Siena!

JSR
Many years ago. I have ridden those "roads" many times. The riding is incredible, no cars and great views. The Strada Bianca is actually pretty easy to ride on as the Italians keep the roads in very good condition. Some of the best are not in the race, my favorites are down south of Montepulciano and Pienza. Here is a great video of last years race with the finish on the cobbles in central Siena. Amazing.

<div>
<br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4n5pi_monte-paschi-eroica-2008-22_sport">Monte Paschi Eroica 2008 (2/2)</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/burnie87">burnie87</a></i></div>

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
bigpinkt said:
Here is a great video of last years race with the finish on the cobbles in central Siena. Amazing.
Beautiful! But I was hoping they'd circle the square - The Palio on Bikes!!!

JSR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts