Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yet Vertically Compliant
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Taylor Phinney have what it takes to give Spartacus a run for his money? If so, how long before he's ready to do so?

Discuss...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Are we talking about in Flanders? Roubaix? Time trials? Prologue time trials? Long flat time trials? Or just at being so dominant that people accuse you of using an electric motor?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cancellera is a D7ck he has no time for the fans.(from my experience at the tour this yr).so I hope Phinney knows better ..and kick is ass at the same time.

·
but thinking about it
1,434 Posts
jackattack said:
Cancellera is a D7ck he has no time for the fans.(from my experience at the tour this yr).so I hope Phinney knows better ..and kick is ass at the same time.
You may have had a disappointing encounter with him, but I've twice had great "fan time" with Cancellara.

·
Registered
103 Posts
is was not only me..but a 10 year old girl, not Mine...looking to get a wave ..signature...etc.
there were only a few people..after interviews...while on his way to the car..i know he had to get to the hotel etc... but the least he can do it wave or smile or something..
same the next day as it came for the signing sheet...on the podium the guys does not even look at the crowd..what a Jerk...what is he too famous or what?
his head is bigger than his legs!!!!! anyway even guys like Lance..have time to acknowledge the crowd...May be i am missing something.
Cancellera is just a little sissie.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
I think they're different riders at different points in their lives. MiniPhinney has a good bunch sprint, while Cancellara has a very LONG sprint that leaves everyone in the dust.

It may be possible for MiniPhinney to out TT Cancellara, but only when he hits his prime and Cancellara beyond his own.

jackattack said:
is was not only me..but a 10 year old girl, not Mine...looking to get a wave ..signature...etc.
there were only a few people..after interviews...while on his way to the car..i know he had to get to the hotel etc... but the least he can do it wave or smile or something..
same the next day as it came for the signing sheet...on the podium the guys does not even look at the crowd..what a Jerk...what is he too famous or what?
his head is bigger than his legs!!!!! anyway even guys like Lance..have time to acknowledge the crowd...May be i am missing something.
Who the hell cares?! He's paid to win races. I don't get why racers have to be someone you'd have a beer with or want to make out with.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
tethernaut said:
Does Taylor Phinney have what it takes to give Spartacus a run for his money? If so, how long before he's ready to do so?

Discuss...
a) no
b) never

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
jackattack said:
I am sure that there are petty people out there who've been disappointed by Lance as well.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Spartacus=29 yrs old
Phinney=19 yrs old

Cancellara has been around for some time now and didn't become dominant until the last few years. Phinney has the potential to eclipse Cancellara and Boonen in every way by the time he is 25.

They're (all) under paid pro cyclists, not teen stars/entertainers. They're not here to sign autographs and smile for pictures.

·
Registered
614 Posts
jackattack said:
Are you a stalker? people that I know say the opposite about the great man.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
ETWN Stu said:
Are you a stalker? people that I know say the opposite about the great man.
Meh, riders are people, too. They have good days and bad days. Sometimes they have time and energy for fans, sometimes not.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Recent rumours would argue that this thread needs to be re-named:

Cancellara plus Phinney?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts