Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
slow-ron
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't wear gloves and my gorilla hands seem to tear up Campy hoods in no time. The shape of the Cane Creek brake levers looks the same and the cost of the hoods is 1/3 at $11. I also like the little lizards in the rubber for extra gription. Does anyone know if they'd fit. I do realize I'd need to cut a slot for the thumb shifter.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
definitely won't fit

rshaffer3 said:
I don't wear gloves and my gorilla hands seem to tear up Campy hoods in no time. The shape of the Cane Creek brake levers looks the same and the cost of the hoods is 1/3 at $11. I also like the little lizards in the rubber for extra gription. Does anyone know if they'd fit. I do realize I'd need to cut a slot for the thumb shifter.

Thanks
I have both - the cane creeks on my pig 'crosser/commuter and campy chorus & record on my roadies. Have just been out to the shed for a close look - granted they look sort of similar on the computer screen but in real life the cane creek hoods are a markedly different size, shape. width, & depth to the campy hoods.

There's a mob out there makes a product called "HUDZ", after-market hoods for campy, shimano and SRAM

http://www.grabthehudz.com/products.html

they look slick in a range of colours but I have no idea if they're more durable than originals.

Other suggestions:

1. Gloves
2. A nice moisturising hand cream?
3. Gloves AND a nice moisturising hand cream?

·
slow-ron
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paris Pink

Thanks for the link. I had never seen those Hudz before. Since my wife is French I think I'll go for the Paris Pink. The colors are cool but the price looks to be the same as Campy OEM.

I might try coppon bar tape wrepped around my hood to see how that feels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.