Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I read your review, I purchased a new 613 DuraAce model, bike is very nice. Only problem so far is that my seatpost spins too easily. I torque it down and it is ok, then after a ride outside or on rollers, it loosens, doesn't drop just spins too easily. I notice that my seat moves when I get on or off the bike. Have you had any problems with the post dropping? I am 6foot 187 pounds. I have heard that roughing the stem with a coarse grit paper may help, also someone suggested trying some grease on the carbon post.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
77 Posts
philbro said:
Hi
I read your review, I purchased a new 613 DuraAce model, bike is very nice. Only problem so far is that my seatpost spins too easily. I torque it down and it is ok, then after a ride outside or on rollers, it loosens, doesn't drop just spins too easily. I notice that my seat moves when I get on or off the bike. Have you had any problems with the post dropping? I am 6foot 187 pounds. I have heard that roughing the stem with a coarse grit paper may help, also someone suggested trying some grease on the carbon post.

Thanks
Phil
I have heard of this problem before. When you say torque down do you mean with a torque wrench? I don't think grease would be a good idea. Could be wrong though. I think the roughing up idea is the best. I had a problem with FSA seatpost at first as well. It dropped about an inch in one ride. I talked to the LBS and was told that I would break the bolt before damaging the seatpost if overtightened. Well I tightened mine slightly beyond the torque spec and haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know a guy who got a defective seatpost clamp on his six13. The bolt was too long and didn't allow the clamp to tighten down completely

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same problem......took the post out, used a rag & cleaned it w/thinner + inside the seat tube too - put it back and no more problems...there was lots of black greasy dirt inside the seat post tube BTW....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts