Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, on the system six liquigas team 3 2007-08, there is recall on the crankset?? someone told me that, there is a problem with the bolts or something like that??????

· Registered
1,894 Posts
do a search on Cannondale website beside you get the bike they will honor the recall and replace with the new crank.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Starnut,

If he purchase the bike can he request Cannondale to replace the crank ?

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok I spoke with cannondale dealer and he told me that my bike should not have this problem.. it's a system six team 3 liquigas 2007.5...... the problem was with the first 2007 bikes

· Registered
1,894 Posts
There is your answer go for it but ask your LBS if they are willing to swap out the carbon to aluminum crank ?

· Registered
392 Posts
mine did not fall within the range of affected serial numbers but 7500 miles later, it became a problem anyway. Now, I've been waiting 2 months for a replacement... though I am paying the difference for an upgrade to the Si SL crank.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
so did you ask for the aluminum crank version or carbon ?

· your god hates me
1,616 Posts
zamboni said:
ask your LBS if they are willing to swap out the carbon to aluminum crank ?

I've got carbon Si cranks on my Cannondale and they've been a lot of trouble...I've had the entire crankset & bottom bracket replaced twice and my bike isn't even two years old yet! My bike did not fall into the model/years covered by any of the Cannondale recalls, yet Cannondale happily replaced it both times under warranty.

What they did not & will not do (I asked) is replace my carbon crank with an aluminum Hollowgram crankset. Unless I want to pay full retail for the aluminum set.

Which I still might...

· Registered
351 Posts
s2ktaxi said:
mine did not fall within the range of affected serial numbers but 7500 miles later, it became a problem anyway. Now, I've been waiting 2 months for a replacement... though I am paying the difference for an upgrade to the Si SL crank.

Do you know the range of serial numbers? I haven't seen any sites that refer to serial numbers; it just says that the LBS will inspect the crank and decide if it needs replacement.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Bob,

Can you try to contact your local Cannondale rep and see if what he can do for you.

· Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
Hi s2ktaxi:

How long do you anticipate before your replacement Hollowgram SL cranks arrived? I'm shocked that our colleage Zamboni has already received his crankset, considering he ordered them in March. I wonder if Cannondale gives preferential treatment to certain dealers. Makes me wish I had bought a complete bike from the get go, but I do enjoy building the bike.

Hoping Cannondale to see my Hollowgram SL's before summer ends so I can enjoy my new Super Six.

CHL

· Registered
392 Posts
I actually have no idea. I do know for sure that Cannondale does give preferential treatment to certain dealers. My Hollowgram SL that was ordered for my SuperSix frame actually arrived in April (ordered in Dec). But my warranty replacement crankset has not (ordered in Feb). I ended using a spare left side Hollowgram Si arm from my MTB as a temporary spare for my System Six. So, I still get to ride both bikes.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
S2K & CHL,

when the order placed with Cannondale I was told the crank would arrive in end of May but some how it just show up in one day and my LBS told me to come in and pick it up, my guess is keep communicate with your local rep and see if what he could do to expedite the order. Again my crank arrived without the BB which I have to wait for two additional weeks whick is fine to me.

· Registered
1 Posts
By reading this thread, I'm wondering how the cannondale product quality and the service quality are. I rode MTB and got some very good service from the vendor. If Cannondale does not provide good service, I'm going to look at other vendors for my road bike.
Currently I'm interested in Synapse. This thread really bothers me.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm sure every case is different if you placed an order for spare part vs warrenty replacement of course the replacement will get higher prioirty. If this thread some how is bothering you then you have to decide which is the best support for your need when you choose your next road bike.

· Love to ride!
44 Posts
Was out on a ride yesterday and about 62 kms in I stood up to get over a small hill. Then snap! I had to hitchhike home.

I have the early 07 Liquigas System Six.

The Spindle broke. So my LBS is very apologetic and is trying to get the black aluminum crankset upgrade to replace it - at no cost to me. I will let you know what happens on this front. It appears that the problem relates to the overcooking process which created some tiny stress fractures it the aluminum. Im not entirely sure on that though.

I prefer to not think about the defect and tell people that I was so powerful that i broke the spindle! ;) I was bummed at first cause I thought this would put me out of commission for a week or so, but my LBS has offered to put another carbon one on for the short term so I can keep riding while this gets sorted out - gotta love creating a good relationship with your LBS!

Keith

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Sorry to hear what happend but keep in mind the black alum Si crank once the color weare off on crank arm it would make the bike looks funny.Stay with silver finish if you can.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.