Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ever confusing Cannondale. I am about to get a new road bike and like the idea of a carbon/aluminum frame which cannondale seems to do well. They just seem to contradict their own technology from year to year. Last year you could get a six thirteen 5 which had a carbon top tube and carbon down tube and it got great reviews. Now in the same vein and price range all that is available is the six 5 which has all aluminum front, carbon fork and carbon seat and chain stays. Which friggen bike do I get? Why did they change the mix? Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Clint

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
I'd get the CAAD9 5 and save myself the pointless exercise in trying to reconcile an obvious contradiction (and some money too, I'm guessing).

I like C'dale and still love my CAAD4, but IMO their lower-end CF/Al frames only exist to compete on perception with similar offerings from other companies and conform to "common knowledge" about the harshness of Al (which is bogus).

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
1. they're all good.
2. it doesn't matter.
3. pick the paint job you like and the component spec that matches your wallet.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Creakyknees said:
3. pick the paint job you like and the component spec that matches your wallet.
If it doesn't matter (which is mostly true) I'd say pick the component spec, then the frameset that matches your wallet and finally the paint job.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How about my System Six.?...Less than 1700 miles over the past two years....think I am going to sell it...Ride my CAAD 9 on my after work rides. Weekend club ride are split between the System Six and the Orbea Opal. All have Sram Force and Ksyrium ES/SL. They will never wear out if I keep doing this rotation...It's hard to reason with my wife that I need another one....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just got a CAAD9 after debating and reading and wondering and humming and hawwwing and figuring and number crunching and re-thinking and stressing.
Not worth it. Great bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toona said:
How about my System Six.?...Less than 1700 miles over the past two years....think I am going to sell it...Ride my CAAD 9 on my after work rides. Weekend club ride are split between the System Six and the Orbea Opal. All have Sram Force and Ksyrium ES/SL. They will never wear out if I keep doing this rotation...It's hard to reason with my wife that I need another one....
Got any pictures? What would you sell it for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts