Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Is this stiffer compared to latest Shimano cranks?
2) can this work with other frames (non-Canondale)?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
samh said:
You mean the BB30 SISL?

1) Yes it is stiffer and lighter
2) It can work with any BB30 frame

·
Superstar
419 Posts
samh said:
1) If you mean SISL, its stiffer than Shimano. (Imma say in general if you cant figure this out on your own, the SISL prob will not make a noticeable diff on your bike vs DA)

2) Yes they work on any BB30 bike, as BB30 is an open standard anyone can use. The companies that make BB30 bikes outside of Cdale elude me, I think Specialized makes one, but cant remember who else.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Devastator said:
2) Yes they work on any BB30 bike, as BB30 is an open standard anyone can use. The companies that make BB30 bikes outside of Cdale elude me, I think Specialized makes one, but cant remember who else.

There are many. Felt, Pedal Force, Lynsky, Focus, Parlee, Guru, Crumpton. There are others but those come to my head right now.

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
BMC, Specialized, Van Dessell, Orbea etc etc. There are lot of BB30 bikes now. It seems like Trek, giant, Scott, and Wilier have gone the 86/96 route and a lot of people have gone to BB30.

BB30.com will be up in a few weeks/months and will have a list of all BB30 frames and parts as well as a small ecom store to buy SISLs and small parts and tools for BB30.

Starnut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts