Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the same price range and comparable bikes, is there a brand that tends to make a better, nicer ride?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Giant gives you the most bang for the buck.

Konas can be good deals if you get a clearance model because their road bikes don't sell as well as their mountain bike line.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Tough to answer. They all have good bikes. Depends what you want and what you want to do with it.
That being said, get a cannondale :)

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
FatTireFred said:
specialized
Special Ed? :lol:

Seriously though, you'd be surprised at how many of the best known brands' frames are produced by Giant.
They are supposedly the largest producers of frames.
I think they make frames for Specialized?

:lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
They all have good reputations, and have been around for a while. I think most of the alloy cannondales are still made in the US if that makes a difference to you (it does to me, if everything else is equal). Not only does it help our economy, but I do think that the quality control in the US makes a difference too. I would check out the warranties and search the forums to see how well the companies fulfill their guarantees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I am leaning toward the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 (2008). Runner up is the Giant A1 Women's (2009). They seem to have comparable parts except I can get the Cannondale for $100.00 cheaper and it has a full carbon frame. Still welcome feedback about this as I have two weeksn before making my final decision. Very Much Appreciated!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
lisamc said:
Thanks everyone. I think I am leaning toward the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5 (2008). Runner up is the Giant A1 Women's (2009). They seem to have comparable parts except I can get the Cannondale for $100.00 cheaper and it has a full carbon frame. Still welcome feedback about this as I have two weeksn before making my final decision. Very Much Appreciated!
Go for fit, saving $100 on a bike that doesn't fit well is a big mistake.

OTOH if the bike that costs less fits better that is a win win deal!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
lisamc said:
Have you looked at the Synapse Feminine? The frame geometry is different than the standard Synapse (although I realize that since you're looking at closeouts, availability for the '08 Feminine is probably a lot less)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts