Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Similar to the split seat tube RIGI from the 80s. The opening supposedly allows better airflow.
Hard to tell if the lower sections of the seat tube conform to the 3:1 ratio mandated by the UCI. Bottom end of the down tube looks huge.

(Apologies to kbwh, I didn't know he put in the Cannondale forum)

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I love the lines of the HT and fork.

The ST and BB structure: :eek:ut: :shocked:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, Rigi and other builders who used the same design were both trying to shorten the wheelbase.
This Cannondale looks to be more about stiffening the BB by making the bottom of the seat tube far larger.
I'd be interested to try one.

Re the chainstays, they are meant to flex in the vertical plane and provide shock absorption.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I always thought it was my seat tube/bottom bracket interface that was slowing me down.[/QUOTE]

Lmao. Me too. My lbs said it was my size and I flatly disagreed.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Retro seems to be their thing. Have you looked at the Black Inc road bikes? the Cannondale logo is right off the old school Black Lightning and pre CAAD frames. I think it's hideous but apparently it's selling well. I like the scheme and decals on the old 2011-2012 CAAD10-1 better. What does that say about my taste?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I love the frame design. Back in 2009, the thing that kept me away from Cannondale was the butt ugly colors and the tendency to use tiagra on really expensive bikes. Hopefully that has changed. Well I know their paint jobs are way better now since they sold to Asia.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.