Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've an old H300 I use for commuting. I've modified it with 700C road wheels, fenders, a Jaand rack with Ortlieb panniers, rock shox suspension seatpost, and flat bars with bar ends. It serves me well for an old bike. I'm upgrading the rear rim/spokes and will do so to the front wheel next month when I have the $$. The final touch for me would be to find a suspension fork. Any ideas with specifics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks very much,

RW-returns.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tongue in cheek?

no, regular streets. i'm just an old geezer who would like the comfiest ride I can get. plus, i like to play around with modifying things. just fun for me if the cost isn't too great.

RW

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Yes, I was kidding you.

Seriously though, you would be better off keeping you rigid fork and installing the fattest tires you could fit in there. The ride on the street will be much better. Also when you pedal out of the saddle the bike will not hop or pogo. You will also not gain the extra weight.

Does a H300 have canti lever brakes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no doubt you're right

I have no doubt you're right--it was just a passing idea and i definitely don't want more weight; bike's heavy as it is. I've been running 26s for speed, but 28s or 32s won't reduce the speed that much will they? I think I'll go up to 32s which is the max the new rims will handle.

thanks for your thoughts.

take care,

rw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts