Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Cannondale site that features information on older models? I googled with little success. All I could pick up from the official Cannondale site was their first road "racing" model was built in 1984.

I picked up a bike today that I'm guessing would be at least this early. Alloy frame/steel fork, no model number. Bike looks totally original. Full 600 6 speed group with AX style top nut on the headset. Cinelli bars/stem (non-grooved bars), Vetta saddle, Sugino fluted post. Gray ano Wolber Super Champion clincher rims.

The serial # is 58040287094. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Call 1800BIKEUSA and they will tell you what year from the SN. If its green and has the original shimano 600 SIS rear derailler and shifters(as well as rest of components and you think they are original) there's a high probabity its an 85 SR600. Somewhere I've got the 85 and 86 catalogs unless they've been tossed...doh!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
the headbadge decal is a single color then, and not "outlined" correct? (just trying to confirm my old school dale identifying theories)

is there a "criterium" sticker on the seattube? (my guess flip a coin no)

is the "cannondale" on the top tube outlined (in black) or is it a single color? (my guess single color)

thanks

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Fat Tubes

I remember seeing those early Cannondales...they just seemed so DIFFERENT with their fat tubes. Cool bike; hard to believe 22+ years have passed since C started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts