Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a road bike, and I am trying to decide between Spec. and 'Dale, the brands my favorite LBS carries. The problem I have is that C'dale doesn't list MSRP on their website, unless I've been an idiot and missed it (always possible).

So, does anyone have a good reference for Cannondale bike prices? I don't really want to go and look through brochures with my shop guy if I don't have to.

· here comes trouble
10,049 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean why? If so, then it is because I finally feel the need to have a road bike. I might even shave my legs, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

If you mean how much, or what kind, then I think I'm looking at one of the Tiagra level bikes (105 if I can get approval from my finance dept.) I won't be sure which one untill I get a little closer to buying one, and ride a few.

· Registered
180 Posts
I'm the opposite. I just bought my first mountain bike since junior high school this spring. I really like having both types of bikes though. It gives me more people to ride with, etc...

I was just wondering what kind (model) of Cannondale you were thinking about. Good luck with your test rides and ride as many as you can. Just be careful what you test ride, I went mountain bike shopping one day and ended up ordering a second road bike!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it's down to the Synapse 4 and the Spec. Allez Sport Triple. I just wanted to make sure that their prices were close. I like Spec.'s saddles, but the Cannondale is prettier. It's down to the ride and fit now, but isn't it always?

What kind of MTB did you get? I'm curently lusting after the Rush, but resisting so I can get a Road bike. Mmmm...bike lust.

· Registered
180 Posts
I got a 1FG and I have to say I really like having a single speed. I thought I would have trouble climbing, but I do not. It's the long flats I have trouble keeping up on... I can only spin my legs so fast!

I originally wanted a Rush 2000, but I did not want to spend the extra $$$ for a bike I will ride every 4th or 5th ride. I still drool over the one at the shop when I go in... but not this year. I have a bad case of bike lust...

· here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
lovemonkey said:
I think it's down to the Synapse 4 and the Spec. Allez Sport Triple. I just wanted to make sure that their prices were close. I like Spec.'s saddles, but the Cannondale is prettier. It's down to the ride and fit now, but isn't it always?
Yeah it is. If I remember the Allez Sport right, it has racier geometry than the Synapse. Basically, I would try as many bikes as they have in your price range to make sure you get the one that fits the best of the best for you.

· Registered
354 Posts
The Synapse Alloy is a really nice ride. IMO, Cannondale makes the best aluminum frames in the biz. It is much nicer than the Felt F75 that I recently rode (much smoother, more neutral), and the frame is significantly lighter too. The great thing about Cannondale is that, with most of their lines, the low-end bikes share the frame with the high-end models. It doesn't matter if you buy a Rush 400 or Team Replica: you are getting the same frame. The CAAD8 is probably the best buy in a frame these days: it is pretty amazing to get the same frame that Cunego won the Giro with in 2004 on a lowly R700.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.