Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting a new 'cross frame to race this year. Both the Cannondale and Ridley X-Fire fit well and by the time the Cannondale gets the BB30 crank on it, the cost is similar for both bikes. Any recommendations? Is there any issue with either of these having too high of a bottom bracket in the smaller sizes in particular that can make them somewhat difficult to mount? I know that the Cannondale is stiff, how about the Ridley? Is a Salsa in the same league?

· Registered
5,270 Posts
Aspen said:
Is there any issue with either of these having too high of a bottom bracket in the smaller sizes in particular that can make them somewhat difficult to mount?
Not an issue IMO. You get used to where the saddle is. Furthermore, since you remount with the hands on the bars, your butt pretty much knows where to go.

· Registered
9 Posts
I went from a Salsa Las Cruces (scandium) to a Ridley, big difference. Ridley is super stiff and handles much quicker. Salsa is a very stable bike so it's probably more in line with the Cannondale.

The Ridley fork is better than the Cannondale and the way the cables are routed is pretty trick on the Ridley.

Good luck!

· Registered
150 Posts
intermediate BB height..

Aspen said:
Thanks for the info. How about the height difference of the Ridley? Can you tell if the BB is any higher, thus the bike higher off the ground?
The x-fire has less BB drop than a standard Ridley CX bike or a cannondale

61 vs 57 or 58mm

check out the handy chart some guys put together on this forum ( thanks!)-

http://tinyurl.com/5ugpj3

-marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.