Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase a new 'cross bike for racing but don't want to break the bank. Both the Cannondale XR4 and Salsa Chili Con Crosso should fit just fine. Does anyone have any experience with either frame and/or comparisons between the two? Any other suggestions for a light race oriented frame?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am lusting after the cannondale for this coming season. I really like Cannondale because I feel that they have a real mastery of aluminum construction and that their frames ride well for cross-stiff and light. Comfort is not as much of a priority to me but thats personal. Also the cannondale comes with a really nice easton fork.
I dont know enough about the salsa to knock it but at least in my neck of the woods Salsas are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a cannondale CAAD 9 with the easton ec90x fork, I have road wheels on it now and love it. Got it in feb of this year and have about 1000 miles on it now and love it. I have done a few off road rides/dirt road rides and it performed great. I love this bike a little more everytime I ride it. And did I mention that I love it. I truely recommend one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.