Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/2482.html

"WASHINGTON, D.C. (BRAIN)—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Cannondale, has issued a voluntary recall of roughly 1,300 road bicycles from the 2009 model year.

The bicycles fail to meet the federal safety standard for bicycles. Spoke protector discs, required on bicycles to prevent the bicycle chain from interfering or suddenly stopping the wheel, are missing from these bicycles, which poses a fall hazard to the rider.

The following Cannondale bicycles are included in the recall. "Six" is printed on the bicycle's toptube and "Cannondale" is printed on the downtube. The models include: Six 5 (9RCT5D); Six 5 Compact (9RCT5C); Six 6 (9RCT6D); Six 6 Triple (9RCT6T); Six Carbon 5 (9RSX5D); Six Carbon 5 Compact (9RSX5C); and Six Carbon 6 Compact (9RSX6C).

These bikes were sold at authorized Cannondale dealers nationwide from October 2008 through February 2009 for between $1,500 and $2,100. They were manufactured in Taiwan.

Consumers should stop using the recalled bicycles immediately and contact any authorized Cannondale bicycle dealer for a free repair.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Cannondale at (800) 245-3872 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EST) Monday through Friday or visit Cannondale's Web site at www.cannondale.com."

I added the emphasis..........I had to laugh out loud at this "protection"

Len

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Post of the day and joke of the day all rolled into one neat bundle.

Well done, Len!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JustTooBig said:
Post of the day and joke of the day all rolled into one neat bundle.

Well done, Len!
Truth is stranger than fiction.

len

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
jac44 said:
Everybody make sure you have that Plastic disc on your Rear Wheel

LMAO
I keep one on my Trek.

You got a problem with that?

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
MB1 said:
I keep one on my Trek.

You got a problem with that?
Yes. Yes I do. :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Coolhand said:
Yes. Yes I do. :D
Why don't you drop by the house before 10 tonight.

Bring a bike.

You can come along on our double century, that should give you enough time to tell me all about the bad things related to having a 1 ounce piece of plastic that will keep the derailleur and chain out of the spokes.

BTW the Trek is the only bike we own that has a spoke guard. Come to think of it, it is our only bike that we own that came as a complete bike.......

G

·
I guess I will have to give up riding then.

Since I typically build my own wheels I don't have any of these "pie plate" thingies.

Don't even know where I'd get 'em.

I better just sell my bikes and take up bowling.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Fook trusting plastic spoke protectors. I've got aluminum spoke protectors left over from the days of freewheel use. I should put one on my C'dale Mtb and have a copy of the recall in my seat bag.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WTF...why was this moved?

This is a thread about the absurdity of a recall for not having the spoke protector...it's not about a Frame of Bike.

Nods head in wonder....

Len

·
Atom B
202 Posts
Hey, my '09 CAAD didn't come with a dork disc. It didn't come with reflectors either. How come it's not being recalled? I feel like such a victim. This is BS!

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
everyone STOP RIDING!

·
Registered
246 Posts
bicicletă said:
Hey, my '09 CAAD didn't come with a dork disc. It didn't come with reflectors either. How come it's not being recalled? I feel like such a victim. This is BS!
you last bike must have been a Trek:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've bought 3 new bikes since Christmas and only one of them came with a disc and reflectors. I'm gonna have to complain to my LBS. If I start using them then maybe everyone on my group ride will get them too. Or just laugh.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.