Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help and information.....Is there any difference between the SI crank-set with aluminum arms or the carbon arms. This is my first dabble with a C-Dale.I picked up .a Super Six and will start building soon, but still some confussion with some of the parts. I would also like to pick up the crank removal tool..Star-Nut would like to purchase from you if possible:confused: :confused: :confused: :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
From my personal experience, I can attest to the fact that the carbon SI crank is crap. It is always clicking. I recently ordered a SI SL (Aluminum) crank off of Ebay and can't wait to get it. The carbon crank is a 2 piece, where the aluminum is a 3 piece. Both have more pieces when you consider bolts, shims, and bearings, I am referring the main pieces.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Just got my alum Si and it much lighter & stiffer than carbon version.

·
Registered
579 Posts
someone care to tell me why my carbon SIs are crap? they seem to be holding up under me fairly well.

i swear the threaded spindle insert part of the tool is a rare as the finest of diamonds. i can't keep one on my bench for more than a week w/o it disappearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.