Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info on the two different Cannondale SI cranksets, but don't seem to be able to find any. What is the weight/ benifit of one over the other (hollow alum vs. carbon). I believe Pinnarello (sp?) who offers something very similar only offers the carbon, but many of the pro bikes using the SI setup have the alum. cranks. Any info (or directions to info) would be much help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
check the tech section of the cannondale website. there they have a comparison between the aluminum, and carbon versions versus dura ace. the short result is that the aluminum is the lightest and stiffest of the 3. previously only the carbon version was available in a compact configuration but lately i've been seeing replaceable compact spiders for the aluminum version. thus allowing you to switch back to a traditional setup when that suits your fitness level.

as for the pinarello, they have an integrated BB with interchangeable spindles. so instead of the cannondale BB, spindle, and crankset with pinarello you can chose square taper, isis, octalink, etc. and mount whichever crankset you want while still retaining the benifits of the integrated bearings.

specialized has an integrated crankset on their Tarmac SL but it's very new and very limited.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.