Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody else is missing the System Six, Six 13. I have both bikes (and a Caad5 )and for some reason I am not feeling great with the direction Cannondale is moving. Look at the replacement of the System Six, the Six... is there even a comparison to these two bikes?

I always thought I would replace my Cannondale bikes with a Cannondale , but maybe I should start looking at other companies.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fornaca68 said:
I think you are wise to keep your SystemSix, and my non-expert hunch is that there will be a fair amount of secondary market (e.g., eBay) demand for them in 2 or 3 years and beyond. The Cannondale elite line of road bikes as a product line is going to dilute in quality as they move production to Taiwan this year and continue to focus (as they follow mass market demand) on all-carbon frames. An ultra-stiff bike like the SystemSix -- with the innovation of the large downtube, over-sized headtube, BB30 shell, CAAD9-rear triangle, etc. -- is likely not going to come out for a very, very long time, if ever.
It is hard to believe that some company will not try to fill the void created... there is a demand for American made frames... such as the System Six, and Caad, Six 13... it only makes sense that a bike company will try to meet this demand... (or at least I hope)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cannondale size?

Does anyone have any experience with going down a framesize on Cannondales...?

I am 6.1 but feel more comfortable on a 56... most stores recommended a 58?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts