Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Cannondale Synapse 7. I am just getting into cycling. when i purchased the bike it had road rash on the shifters, but i assumed it wasnt major damage. Turns out I was wrong. Right shifter completely gave out will braking.

i want to go a head and upgrade most of my parts to Shimano Ultegra. I have already purchased 3x10 shifters. The bike must have had the rear cassette changed at some point because it has a 9 speed cassette on it and was suppose to retail with a 10 speed. well my question is what do i need to buy to make sure everything fits and works properly.

the front derailleur is on a bracket and not brazed on.

I need a front/rear derailleur, cassette, probably change the chain and cables. Does anyone know off the top of there heads what will fit this bike?

·
Registered
211 Posts
2012/2013 specs says it is 9 speed.

SYNAPSE 7 SORA - Synapse Alloy - Performance Road - Road - Bikes - 2013

Cannondale Synapse 7 Bike - 2012 at REI.com

I recently purchased a Cannondale Synapse 7. I am just getting into cycling. when i purchased the bike it had road rash on the shifters, but i assumed it wasnt major damage. Turns out I was wrong. Right shifter completely gave out will braking.

i want to go a head and upgrade most of my parts to Shimano Ultegra. I have already purchased 3x10 shifters. The bike must have had the rear cassette changed at some point because it has a 9 speed cassette on it and was suppose to retail with a 10 speed. well my question is what do i need to buy to make sure everything fits and works properly.

the front derailleur is on a bracket and not brazed on.

I need a front/rear derailleur, cassette, probably change the chain and cables. Does anyone know off the top of there heads what will fit this bike?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry I'm not the technical type but I think you are on the right track. You need to change the F/R derailleurs as well as the cassette to match the 10 speed but I don't know if you can just do that on your bike. Other technical guys might be able to give you more info. Have you tried also checking with your LBS?

so a ultegra rear derailleur will fit straight up? The front derailleur has to fit a 34.9mm clamp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.