Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
a simple search of the forum brought up 94 results. try there first.

·
Registered
177 Posts
commutenow said:
Has anyone ridden one? If so what do you think?
Yes I have ridden one. A few times ..and every time I test rode it, I loved it instantly. Smooth, yet stiff, compliant, yet sporty. Exceptional riding qualities. I am talking about the Synapse Carbon 1 and I also rode a Synapse Carbon 2. (Dura-ace versus Ultegra with some different wheels, bars, stem etc)

The bigger question is; Did you ride one and what did you think?

·
your god hates me
1,602 Posts
commutenow said:
Has anyone ridden one?
Yes, I rode one just the other day. And the day before that. And the day before that. I *own* one.

commutenow said:
If so what do you think?
I think the money I spent was well worth it. After test-riding 7 bikes and seriously considering/investigating 2 more, the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2 was far & away the best combination of performance, comfort, and quality.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Synapse Alloy 4?

I am new to road biking...in fact I ride my mtn bike with slicks now, but want to try out a road bike. I can buy a Alloy 4 for $944.00, is that a decent price...better yet is the bike decent? Please don't tell me to do a search....that bugs me...lol. I am also wondering if the bike will fit. I am 5'11 and the bike they have on the floor is a 56. I am a mtn biker and want to use the road bike to get in better pedaling shape. So...besides doing a search, what do you think?

·
Registered
325 Posts
trek5200cs said:
Yes I have ridden one. A few times ..and every time I test rode it, I loved it instantly. Smooth, yet stiff, compliant, yet sporty. Exceptional riding qualities. I am talking about the Synapse Carbon 1 and I also rode a Synapse Carbon 2. (Dura-ace versus Ultegra with some different wheels, bars, stem etc)

The bigger question is; Did you ride one and what did you think?
--Did you choose your new ride yet or what?? Your great discussion thread left me hanging as I"m in the market for a synapse, roubaix or perhaps something in between those and a racier geometry (riding a caad 5 now). ps--if you know of an 'in between one' let me know! Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2005 Synapse

I've been riding mine since buying it in early July 2005. After 3500 miles it is still a great ride and I have absolutely no regrets. Other bikes I rode were the Roubaix, Madone and Pilot. I bent a chain after about 2000 miles on a bad shift and discovered just how difficult it is to find a new 10-speed chain in the middle of nowhere! The wheelset still runs perfectly true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.