Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
The Cannondale Hollowgram was released years before Crank Brothers even thought about dreaming of doing cranksets. Plus the Hollowgrams are about the best cranks on the market. Super stiff, super light, super durable, things that can't be said of the Cobalt.

As for the commercials, Cannondale doesn't have the huge marketing budgets of most bike companies. But I think they are kinda funny, not overly-serious crap with millions of dollars budget we see everyday... It gives me the impression they care more about doing good bikes than doing marketing.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think that's the point. I'm sure Cannondale paid their ad agency thousands of dollars for just that impression: homemade, funky, outside the mainstream, makes you say "huh?". I'd say that maps very closely to Cannondale's brand profile, as a matter of fact. Made in the USA; funky designs (like Hollowgram cranks, one-piece BB/chain stay, tapered head tube). And, after all, the company is based in a barn.

Last I knew, Mangos is their ad agency. Those guys are pretty off the wall. www.mangosinc.com

Personally, I dig the ads. Beats the hell out of Saab's. I especially like the one with the rider waking up, going to the toilet and coming back to find the Cannondale R&D guy sitting there. I have no idea what the rider says, but I can only imagine he's talking about dropping his kids off at the pool.

Advertising's point is to get people talking. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

jhamlin38 said:
These commercials are embarrassing. they're like last minute cheap immitations of Cervelo commercials. Poorly written, and the seem like they're done with an old video camera.

·
Hup, Hup
392 Posts
I think that they are great commercials, quite humorous. Very different from what everyone else is doing which helps them to stick out a bit more.

Everything Matters. :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Are these the commercials on Cannondale's web site? Or something on Versus that I've totally missed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.