Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so since today was the first real nice day in jersey this year like 90 degrees I decide to go for a ride. Everything is going well legs feel good weather is great what could go wrong? So like 30 miles in my bike is making this awful noise from the BB area and I'm thinking the frame is cracked It's at the shop right now getting looked at.but it's an 08 system six has anybody had any dealings with Cannondale's warranty, Frame replacement system?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They used to be very good to deal with. Very responsive to problems. Customer support was always good. I can't say now since they are Dorel Sports. But, I've never cracked a frame, just a bad kink in a top tube. I had one that I used the crash replacement program.
The dealer rep for my LBS was who I dealt with. The process went very smooth.

Only downside was being without a replacement for 6 weeks. I now always have a back up bike just in case this happens again.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Like all bike companies, if you are the original owner then you will not have a problem.
If the bike was bought used, you are on your own.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Warranty

Hooben said:
Like all bike companies, if you are the original owner then you will not have a problem.
If the bike was bought used, you are on your own.
I am going thru just that above, but that's the price you pay for getting a frame cheap.

cheers

Ralph

·
Registered
314 Posts
What exactly made you think the frame is cracked? There are numerous reasons for noises coming from the bb. Did you see a crack?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I didn't see a crack but there's nothing loose or any thing and it's only when I'm putting the hammer down If im just going It's fine. And also I am the original owner.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do It's at the shop right now so I think I may replace the seat post anyway cause I'm riding an EC90 post and im a bigger rider like 208lbs I dont think carbon is the best idea for holding my big Arse up

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Check your front skewer...r/d hanger...stem bolts...chainring bolts...crank fixing bolts...
There are, literally, a dozen things that could be creaking. It's highly unlikely that your frame is broken.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
nicks2192 said:
Will do It's at the shop right now so I think I may replace the seat post anyway cause I'm riding an EC90 post and im a bigger rider like 208lbs I dont think carbon is the best idea for holding my big Arse up
My last 2 C'dales developed a creek coming "from the BB" area. In both cases -after much searching and a couple of trips to the LBS- I greased the saddle rails and voila! - no more "BB creak".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts